Tuesday 2 November 2010

Finally decided

I've decided that I'm going to do the third brief for the Industry Exercises unit, which is the Character Design one. I've chosen this one because it appealed to me the most and I like how it involves working with various media, and I have also decided that I should use this second year to remedy weaknesses. This brief will play to some of my strengths, such as creating poses, rigging and drawing; but I will also get to improve areas where I am not so good, such as modelling, texturing and blend shapes.

For this project, I have to choose one character to design out of 5 possible choices, as part of a promotion for London Zoo.

The character I have chosen to design is a silverback gorilla called Cornelius, who is described in the brief as “A middle aged silver back gorilla, the most civilised and sensible occupant of the zoo by far.”

I've started by looking at various pictures of silverback gorillas and I've done some sketches as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment