Sunday 7 November 2010

Animation to reference

Just been looking for various animations to help shape Cornelius; the brief states that the character will need to reflect traditional Claymation technique, even though it will be computer generated. As I'm looking to make my Cornelius into a hippie, I've decided to look at clay animation from the 60s and 70s.

One of the animations I looked at was The Magic Roundabout, largely because I remember the rabbit character, Dylan resembled a hippie.




The animals in The Magic Roundabout are very stylised and are made up of very basic shapes, particularly Ermintrude. So far, I have been trying to draw quite a realistic gorilla and then put him in hippie clothing.

I could base the Cornelius' style more around that of Dylan, as he is a hippie "claymation" character, but he was also turned into CGI, along with the rest of the characters in the 2005 film version of The Magic Roundabout.

No comments:

Post a Comment